Sunday, May 18, 2014 – Box 0126 was sounded for the smell of smoke inside. The caller reported the odor in the bathroom with paint bubbling on the ceiling. Engine one arrived on the scene of a single level home with smoke showing from along the roof line. The assignment was filled for a working fire. Engine 1 located a fire in the attic space above the bathroom. The fire was extinguished. Held with two and one to complete overhaul. Crews cleared the scene within an hour. The cause of the fire was a failed/faulty bathroom vent fan. Damage was contained to the attic space and bathroom. No injuries were reported.
Units on the assignment: E1, R1, E19B, M1, W10, CMD10, W7