Warrenton Volunteer Fire Company accepts applications for entry level firefighters and emergency medical technicians along with qualified EMT’s and firefighters.
After you have read the descriptions of our different membership categories and decided which one is for you, send the recruiting team an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your query within a week of receipt.
It takes three months to join The Company. Our goal is to ensure qualified candidates accomplish the membership process as smoothly as possible. The timeline is driven by requirements levied by the Warrenton Volunteer Fire Company, Fauquier County Fire and Rescue Association, and Fauquier County Government. Fully qualified applicants will be handled out of cycle, but will still be required to attend the first available Orientation for New Entries (ONE) course.
The three month process is:
Submit an email to the WVFC Recruiting and Membership Team.
- Schedule and attend your Interview with the recruiting team.
- § If you are a junior applicant the interview will take place with your parents or guardian in attendance.
- § If your interview goes well you will receive an application.
- Submit your notarized applications with a copy of your driver’s license, birth certificate and driving record to your recruiter.
- § Incomplete applications will not be accepted or held.
- § If you have been a resident of Virginia for fewer than six months, please attempt to obtain your driving record from the state of your previous residence. Do not let this delay your application process; simply include a letter with your application explaining the status of your driving record.
- You can get a copy of your DMV driving record online for a fee. Here is a link to request your Virginia State driving recordhttp://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/citizen/records/drive_record.asp
- If you are a high school student, even over the age of 18, you must include a copy of your most recent report card with your application.
- The recruiter will take your application to the Fauquier County membership meeting for submission. A criminal history check will take place.
- When a satisfactory criminal history check has been returned you will be notified to schedule your physical and to attend the next business meeting to be introduced to the Company.
- At the next Company Business meeting you will have the opportunity to say a few words and you will be introduced to the company.
- § You will then have to complete the Introduction Cards over the next few weeks, visiting each evening’s duty crew.
- At the following (next month’s) Company Business meeting you will have the opportunity to say a few words and you will be voted on by Company members to become a probationary member.
- After being voted in and upon the receipt of your satisfactory physical results, you will be notified by the Company to attend the Fauquier County membership orientation to obtain your county ID card and complete other required tasks depending on your membership status.
- You will attend the WVFC Orientation for New Entries (ONE) Training and CORE Classes with the other probationary members (RED HATS) from your application cycle.
- The newest WVFC RED HATS will start, depending on the time of year, either EMT-B or Firefighter 1 and 2 training the in the next few weeks.